The ITIN number is issued by the IRS, for certain resident and nonresident individuals who are required to have identification number for tax purposes, but who don’t have or are not eligible for a Social Security number.By using an IRS approved Agency rather than doing the application yourself you will benefit:
1) Faster processing times:
Self prepared applications usually contain errors. To be accepted by the IRS the application has to be perfect, containg no errors. It is not unusual for self prepared applications to be sent back multiple times for correction, each time resulting in a delay of 2 to 3 months.
Mytaxfiler® professionals process your ITIN application faster and the ITIN applicant can get the number in 4 to 6 weeks.
2) Applications under the wrong reason:
The IRS is not going to interview you and determine the correct procedure to apply for
Your ITIN number and prepare the documents on your behalf, this is outside the scope of their service as it requires more time to understand your unique requirement than they are allotted to assist you. By using our service we will take the time to understand your situation and apply under the correct procedure.
We specialize in obtaining ITIN numbers for non-residents of the United States of America. We are one of a expertized group of IRS approved Certifying Acceptance Agents that specialize in International ITIN applications. To use our service you need to have a valid reason for obtaining an ITIN number and be able to prove your residency and identity.
Examples of individuals who might need an ITIN:
- Non-resident alien filing a U.S. tax return and not eligible for a SSN
- U.S. resident alien (based on days present in the United States) filing a U.S. tax return and not eligible for a SSN
- Dependent or spouse of a U.S. citizen/resident alien
- Dependent or spouse of a non-resident alien visa holder.
- You should complete ITIN application Form as soon as you are ready to file your federal income tax return, since you need to attach the return to your application.
- If you meet one of the exceptions to the tax filing requirement, submit ITIN application Form, along with the documents that prove your identity and foreign status and the required supplemental documents to substantiate your qualification for the exception, as soon as possible after you determine that you are covered by that exception.
- You can apply for an ITIN any time during the year; however, if the tax return you attach to ITIN application Form is filed after the return’s due date, you may owe interest and/or penalties. You should file your current year return by the prescribed due date to avoid this.